Saturday, December 22, 2007

Who says mice aren't cute?

Lily had her first ever dance performance last night. She was one of the mice in the battle scene of the Nutcracker. Oh, was she excited about her costume! "It's so CUTE!" she kept saying over and over. She was also thrilled that she got to wear makeup (even mascara) but fortunately, after having to apply it twice in one day, she decided it wasn't all it's cracked up to be. The one thing she wasn't thrilled about was putting curlers in her hair. She was NOT amused when I insisted on taking her picture!

However, when we pulled the curlers out and she saw how cute her hair was, she decided it was worth it. Her hair is just like mine, super fine, and never holds a curl from a curling iron. But those old foam rollers really did the trick!

Lily's friend Liesel, whose mom is the famous woobie seamstress, was also one of the mice. (Thanks, Brooks, for doing Lily's hair! I'm such an amateur!)

Look at that tail fly!

I will post pictures of the performance in the next day or two when I have time to go through the bazillion pictures I took. For now, I'm off to bake gingerbread cookies with my sister, Becky, and the two cousins, Lily and Dani. I can't believe how good it feels to have an evening where I don't have a reprint order or editing hanging over my head!

6 comments:

Hollyween said...

Cute mouse!!! She's darling!
Oh, and I read about the woobies in an earlier post. Where do I get one?

The Nelson Family said...

Lilly is do darn cute! I can't wait to see the performance photos. Good thing she didn't like the make-up too much, it seems like kids are doing things earlier and earlier these days! Can't wait to see you!

The Nelson Family said...

PS - Ryan calls the Nutcracker Ballet the "Ball Basher Ballet". I know only you may appreciate that :)

Kris said...

Very cute! She looks SO excited. Merry Christmas!

Frazier Family said...

So cute! The pictures at the top of this section look just like you Sue! :) just kidding! Your Christmas morning sure looked great!

Becky in Wyo said...

Cutie-patootie! That is such a wonderful experience for her! She will treasure it forever. And thanks for the gingerbread cookies!