Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Please pass the helium

After a family day at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple on Saturday, we had a party at my Mom's house to celebrate Mom's retirement, Lily's birthday (the real day isn't until the 25th) and my Aunt Jane's move to Denver. We put all the older cousins in charge of decorating while the adults were at the temple. Becky got an all-in-one helium kit from Walmart and I supervised while the kids experienced the joy of helium induced euphoria.

It looks quite innocent here, but being the naughty aunt that I am, I set a fabulous example by sucking up some helium and singing "All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth".

Rachel (Don's oldest), Lily and Dani (Becky's) were full of giggles singing "Oops, I did it again" (see the video below).

Beautiful Rachel is turning 16 in June. I said to her, "I can't believe you're going to be driving in four months." She said, " I'm driving now, and I'm GOOD!" Love that girl!

Gil (Becky's oldest) was singing some song about Tommy on the docks. I have no idea what song it was, shows you how out of touch I am.

Good times!

3 comments:

Lori Gerten said...

Rachel is Susan Junior! I remember when she was just a bitty little baby!

Hil said...

Too funny! Cousin time is the best, especially when you live far away like us. :)

Becky in Wyo said...

Yep, they're dorks.