Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Boss Hogs

Our kids get awful greedy and bossy when it comes to snuggling Mama or Daddy. Typically in the morning I'll be snuggling Amelia or Mack and the other one will come over and demand to be snuggled, too. Amelia will say, "No, me!" if I'm snuggling Mack and climb on my other hip. If I'm snuggling Amelia, Mack will squawk and whack me on the leg until I pick him up. Lily is usually gone for school by the time the little ones wake up, but on the weekends it turns into a real circus. Poor Lily doesn't have a prayer of getting her Mama to herself! She usually just has to settle for a leg.

In the evenings Dan will sometimes lay on the couch and Lily is usually the first to lay next to Daddy. Then comes Mack with the grunting and squealing, followed by Amelia jumping on top to make a Daddy dog pile.

The difference is that when they pile on Daddy, it's all fun and games. But when Mama's involved it's a big competition with whining and jockeying for position. But at least our kids like us, for now. Before long they won't want to have anything to do with snuggling Mom or Dad.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I am so impressed with you and all of your posts lately. Your kids are just the cutest and I can't believe how big they're all getting! I love Amelia's stocking in the Christmas post and love that Mack used the dog's stocking. Too funny!

Lori Gerten said...

Save this and remember it when they are teenagers. Argh.

The Dragonfly said...

Love snuggly kids.

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

Thankfully I only have 2 and they can both still fit on my lap! Kamille does get the short end a lot though. The Daddy dog pile is definitely accurate at our house as well!

The Queen Vee said...

You will be very surprised how long those kiddos are welling to snuggle....that's all I'm going say.

Apis Melliflora said...

Best part of the day! Snuggle time.