Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What are the Mormons all about?

I've been meaning to do this post for quite some time, and with the post about President Hinckley from yesterday this seemed as good a time as any.

My friend Amber's husband is a film producer (he produced Saints and Soldiers) and when I was at her house a couple months ago she showed me some documentary work he had done for one of the Church's websites mormon.org. I had never seen this site, I always looked at lds.org, which is geared more towards members of the church, with church news, curriculum, provident living, church magazines, etc. Mormon.org is for people wanting to learn more about the church. Adam produced several documentary interviews of converts to the church, explaining different aspects of the gospel and answering major life questions that many people have. The videos are very powerful, great to watch if you're a member of the church or not. (Lori, check out this guy, he's from Oakdale!)

Here are a few of my favorite clips:
What's the purpose of my life?
What will really make me happy?
Are there prophets today?
Motherhood is part of God's plan?
Does God have more for me?
Does God answer my questions?

Thought I would share. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you are aware I'm sure, I am not good about getting to the blog that often, but I caught your mention of the Anderegg's...Kaleidoscope Pictures is one of my clients, and I wrote buy-sell life contracts for Adam and his partners...small world, huh :)