Friday, January 20, 2012

Bad Words

A week or so before Christmas the kids were watching A Charlie Brown Christmas.


Didn't you just love that movie as a kid? I remember anticipating every year when it would come on TV. Not like those other creepy Christmas specials, like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with the snow beast.

Anyway, the kids were watching and I took a moment to sit down on the couch. Amelia came over and in a loud whisper said, "There's a lot of bad words in this movie." I thought, "Hmmm, I sure don't remember that from when I was a kid."

I asked, "What kind of bad words?" Amelia replied, "I don't want to say them. But they start with (whisper) D and S."

Dude, I've been known to occasionally spout off a "dammit" in moments of frustration. But I sure don't make a habit of saying the "S" word. How did my kids even know those words? Besides, since when did Charlie Brown have a potty mouth?

Lily piped up and said, "Mack says it all the time. S-T-U-P-I-D." Oh, and DUMB.

Phew. My kids aren't as corrupted as I thought.

1 comment:

The Queen Vee said...

Great post, you had me hooked and then surprised right till the end.