Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Part-timers, Posers & Buck-Tooth Varmits

Soon after writing my first blog entry and thinking about future things that I wanted to write, I realized that I'm just going to have to create a second blog so I can have one that is accessible from my website with all the professional stuff, and then another blog for just my friends and family where I can say anything I want!

I shot a wedding in Southern California this past weekend and have some fun pictures to share from that, but I have to go through and pick out the best ones first, so look for those to post in a day or two. Here's a quick one I had the groom take of me so I could show Lily that I had gone to the ocean. That tall glass of water is one of the groomsmen who is a model for Abercrombie (Bin, can you say part-timer?) Can I just say that living in Utah does nothing for my skin? I flew into CA on Saturday morning, shot from 2:00 to 9:30 pm, then returned to my hotel. As I got ready for bed, I looked at my face in the mirror and my skin was so soft, radiant, and younger looking even after a hard day of work. The moist air really agreed with me! The moment I stepped off the plane in Utah, it was like someone was pulling at my cheeks and stretching my face out like a piece of saran wrap! I could instantly feel the dryness. Welcome back, crow's feet! Incidently, you know what the best part of shooting out of state weddings is? I get to sprawl out in a king size bed, all to myself, and sleep through the night! Oh, the luxury!

Lily has a new best friend named Halle. The beauty of it is that Halle likes her as much as she likes Halle. A few days ago after I had dropped Lily at school, I came home and was taking a shower when the doorbell began to ring. And ring. And ring...knock, knock...ding-dong. For about 5 minutes straight! I hurried to finish my shower and went to the window and called out, "Is that Halle?" "Yes." I told her Lily was at school but that she wanted to go to the park after school. When I picked Lily up and told her that Halle had come over, she was so excited! Ah, to be loved! We picked Halle up and stopped at our house for a potty break (or so I thought) before we went to the park. Once we got to the park I unloaded Amelia, a blanket, umbrella, camera bag, etc. and had just gotten everything situated when I noticed Lily holding her pants. "Didn't you go potty at the house?" I ask. "I forgot" says Lily. Aaarrgghhhh! Kids, they just can't be troubled with potty breaks when there's a friend over at their house! So we pack up the car again, drive back home for a potty break, and return to the park. I'm such a patient mother! I took some pictures of the girls- check out the little poser. Can you tell her mom's a photographer?!

Amelia got her top two teeth in a couple weeks ago and now has a goofy gap-tooth smile. We call her the buck-tooth varmit! She is such a crack-up when she shows those teeth! Her favorite game is peek-a-boo; I took these pictures while Daddy was peek-a-booing her. Don't you just want to eat her up?!




4 comments:

Kris said...

Hi Sue!
I love the pictures and hearing what is going on. Way to go with launching the blog. That is a project. I don't have one but I read my sister-in-law's almost every day and love knowing the happenings. Thanks! Amelia is getting so big!

Anonymous said...

What a super idea. We'll get to watch the girls grow even though we are 3 states away! Give our love to all (ps - how is Daniel doing?)

Anonymous said...

Susie,
As far as I'm concerned, this is the greatest thing on the internet. Some of the kids look so familiar, they almost look like family. I've had a hard couple of weeks and this (and talking to Paddy) really cheered me up! I'll read you every day.

For Lily--
XXXXOOOOXXXXOOOOlOVE yOU!

Anonymous said...

from Alex: I really like your blog, Nana and I are reading it.
Tell Lily and Amelia I said Hi.
Who is that man that stays at your house? Is he uncle
Dan? (this is a joke form Alex).
Please tell Lois Ann Hi form Alex.bye from Alex.
Now from Nana.....
I love all of you and miss you. Email if you get a chance. NANA