Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dancing Queen (c'mon feel the ABBA beat!)

After two years of anticipation, Lily is finally in dance class. She's in a combination class that has 30 minutes of ballet, 30 minutes of jazz, and 1 hour of tumbling. It's a long class and she's usually pretty tuckered out by the end, but it's only once a week. By far, her favorite thing is prancing around in her ballet shoes and twirling in her skirt.

On the first day of class I stayed and took a few pictures through the window. This is totally typical of Lily:

All the other girls are studiously doing their ballet positions while Lily is just off in her own "I'm a ballerina" world. After I gestured at her through the window, she started paying attention.

She's been having a great time and she came home the other day, her face flushed with excitement. "Mama, I did my very first cartwheel!" I have yet to see it duplicated, but she's getting there.

This is what you get when you cross a Drama Queen with a Photo Mama.

3 comments:

Becky in Wyo said...

I get to make the first comment. Neener, neener, neener!! Okay, judging by the number of blogs I've written in the past few days, I'm spending way too much time on the computer, but I've made a resolution to pay more attention to everyone else's blogs, too. Anyway, Lily is such a cutie, and she has a faaabulous publicist. Could I get one, too? Oh, speaking of Drama Queens and Fabulous things, that reminds me! I have to reprint here, what I left on Chris' blog: "Okay, I will probably comment on this in my own blog sometime soon, but I am totally in love with the soundtrack to High School Musical 2. It's like Grease without the raunchiness. I exercise to it all the time. Should I be confessing this? It's just the music though, so it's not like I watch the movie over and over, and swoon over the guys like some silly teenager, right? Besides, I can blame this all on Dani, who watches Disney a lot. It's not my fault!" There is a song called "Fabulous" sung by the Drama Queen (literally) of the movie, Sharpay. If you get a chance to listen to it, it's kind of cute.

Kris said...

Great pictures of a beautiful ballerina!

Lizzy Lou said...

Is there any better use for that expensive camera than to use it on your own cuties!!! Isn't that what family history is all about??