Friday, December 19, 2008

Holy Baby Clothes, Batman!

I finally started going through all the baby boy clothes everyone has given me, and Holy Mackerel! There's enough for 3 kids!

This kid is set until he's a year and a half old! From left to right:
  1. burp rags, bibs and blankets
  2. 0-3 months
  3. 3-6 months
  4. 6-12 months
  5. 12-18 months

I'll have to fine tune the selection after Mystery Boy gets here and I can see how big he is and what outfits will be season appropriate. A HUGE thanks to all the donors: My sister-in-law Lora (who has hooked me up with tons of maternity clothes and sweet hand-me-downs for Amelia), sister Becky, cousin Jenn and friend Esther. Dan insists that this kid will be better outfitted than his two sisters!

Here's how we're cookin' along:

Mystery Boy is the wiggliest of my kids. He is the most active in the evening and when I lay down for bed (naturally). I can feel and often see pokey lumps where he's jabbing me with his feet or fists. He's head down, so I'll be trying for a VBAC delivery (vaginal birth after cesarean) like I did with Amelia. My next OB appointment is on Monday, so we'll see how I'm progressing.

This is me at 36 weeks with a very cranky Amelia at the family Christmas party last weekend.

6 comments:

Lori Gerten said...

What is Amelia so cranky about? Does SHE have hemoroids???

Sue said...

Lori, I am cackling SO HARD right now!

The Queen Vee said...

Sue, you look beautiful although I know you're not getting much sleep right now. It's preparation for the fact that you won't get much sleep for the next two years. Looks like your nesting and getting ready for mystery boy.

Jenn said...

I'm really getting attached to the name "Mystery Boy". He sounds like he's going to be born a super hero wearing a cape and mask. No matter what you name him he may always be "mystery boy" to me.

P.S. um, I was going to give you an outfit as a present, but it doesn't look like you need that anymore. Any suggestions?

Sue said...

Jenn- A wipe warmer. I used to think this item was totally gratuitous and over the top, but now living in Cokeville, I see its value, particularly since it's a boy this time and a cold wipe to the butt will surely mean I'm gonna get sprayed right in the eyeball.

I think they're about $20.00, so maybe you could go in on it with someone else. Alternatively, you can never to wrong with diapers (size 1, we have plenty of newborn) or wipes. Thanks!

Becky in Wyo said...

Yeah, about the clothes - I've still got the receipts, although you should probably just give them away. You know I'll just dump a monkey-load of loot on you anyway! I'll get with Jenn about that wipe warmer.