Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Don't be such a Kitty Pet!

Lily has a new passion:


The Warriors series by Erin Hunter. It's about clans of feral cats who fight against each other. What's not to love? Lily has finished the first 6 books and is now on the second series.

I'll let Lily tell you all about them. I only intended for this to be one or two minutes long, but Lily was on a roll.



My favorite part is when she stops abruptly and says,
"Creepy fact."
"It's against the Warrior code to be... active with, like, another member of another clan..."
"They kinda got married." Blush, blush

We're doing great as parents in the sex ed department. Dan's idea of "the talk" is to tell her that it works for humans the same as it does for horses. Trying to give her a less startling visual, I explain that sex is how a man and a woman's body come together to make a baby. Careful not to give more information than she's ready for, like all the parenting books say, I ask, "Do you have any questions?" Lily rolls her eyes and makes a disgusted face and says, "I'm ONLY in the 4th grade, Mama."

Discussion over.

I guess she's not ready for the birds and the bees quite yet. And that's just fine with me!

No comments: