Sunday, February 14, 2010

A God of Miracles

I, and many of you, have witnessed a miracle. We do not know the why's of God's intervention, but I am sure it has something to do with the mission of the Staker family and little Bronson. I count myself blessed to be able to watch it all unfold.



For those of you who have wondered, Sara and I met in 1997 when we both worked at Allen's Camera in Orem, UT. In addition to both being photographers, Sara and I share a love of scrapbooking and in the early years when Dan and I lived with my Mom, Sara and I went to crop nights together often. We have watched each other become mothers and juggle a photography career with parenting, and now we are both blessed to be able to stay home with our children and pursue photography at our own pace as we focus on raising our children.

I want to publicly thank and acknowledge Sara's husband Matt for the nothing short of Christlike behavior he has shown towards Sara during this whole ordeal. I believe it is because of the true charity, unconditional love and forgiveness he immediately extended to his dear wife that he was worthy to call down the powers of heaven in a priesthood blessing to make his son whole. And to my dear friend Sara, I want to say Be of Good Cheer! Every mother gets distracted. The truth is that there is no limit to the diverse ways a child can be endangered, their safety and very lives at risk. Fortunately for the whole human race, the Grace of God and the Atonement of Jesus Christ lift and carry us when our efforts are not sufficient. Our God is a God of love, as surely as the sun rises with each new day.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I also hadn't thought of Matt's behavior and the preisthood power connection, so thank you for commenting on that.
Heaven knows I have been distracted before, in different ways, but it is so true that if each mother really examined every detail of her motherhood, she would find many instances where she fell short. Not all of us suffer tragedy because of it though.

The Donnells said...

Everytime I read your blog or anything about Bronson, I always give my kid a great big squeeze, thankful that she is healthy and happy.

Sara said...

Susie~

Oh, how I love you. Thank you for your kind words and for your love and support across the miles. And for your sincere offers to come and be with me during those long, lonely nights. I know you'd have dropped everything to come if I'd but said the word. I am sorry I have not called, but I'm not sure you can imagine the whirlwind we are still riding... it is wild. We are just so thrilled to have him home... and whole. I will talk to you soon, my friend. Until then, hugs to tide you over...
~Sara